It is amazing to see how cleaning your cedar roof can transform the whole look of your home. The question that is often asked is, how do I choose a company to clean my roof? What should I be on the lookout for?
For most of us, our home is our most valuable asset. We are not only financially vested in our home, but we are emotionally vested through the holidays shared with family and those little moments that we cherish.
Clean Pro values these investments and we want to help you extend the life of your asset. We know that damage to a roof often causes damage to the whole house. To help prevent roof damage, we offer 6 tips in determining the right company to clean your roof.
- Ask about the process. A good roof cleaning company will use a soft wash process. A pressure washer can damage the roof, even if it is low pressure it can still cause damage.
- References. Is the company able to supply references, whether business or personal. We support entrepreneurs who want to start their own business, and we also recognize that providing references can be challenging starting out. If you are unable to get a specific business reference, ask for a character reference from a former employer, pastor, teacher, etc.
- Are they local. Do they serve in your local community. Are you able to locate their headquarters. This is so important if something goes wrong. You want to be sure that the company can be tracked down.
- Is it a fly-by-night business. Find out if the business is established and licensed. Have they been around for a little while. Or did they just pop up and will be gone tomorrow?
- Insured. This is so important to find out. Mistakes happen and you need to know that if something goes wrong, they have the insurance coverage to make it right.
- Making outrageous claims. Are they making promises that they can’t deliver on. One claim, may be adding an extra coating to keep infestation down for 10-15 years. As wonderful as this sounds, if that could actually happen the manufacturers would already be adding it to the shingles. Any claim made should be backed up by facts.
Contact us today for a free estimate!
Cedar Roof Cleaning
Clean Pro Exteriors
Rocky Mount, NC